Monday, July 12, 2010

We do love zoos!

The weather was so nice today (low 80's) that I packed up the kids and we went to the Manhattan Zoo. My mom came along with us, and it was a LOT of fun! Manhattan's zoo doesn't have a lot of exhibits, but it's very spread out. We spent about two hours there, and for only $6 for me, Raegan and Zane, it was good cheap entertainment. (Have you noticed I'm always on the lookout for cheap fun?)

Raegan did very well on the car ride up (except for some instances of throwing toys at Zane!) and seemed to enjoy the zoo. We could tell when she was actually looking at the animals because she would either point or wave at them. :) My intent after we left the zoo was to stop at City Park and nurse her before we headed home, but she was so tired she conked out in the five minutes it took us to get over there. She slept basically the whole way home, and was VERY!!!! hungry and thirsty when we got in the door. Zane seemed to enjoy himself too, and I even got a thank you, which was a nice end to the day.

Some pictures:

Raegan waving at the monkeys



My two monkeys :)









Granny and Raegan checking out the swans




Climbing the slide with a little bit of help from Granny


I love the look of intense concentration on her face!




I think we may have our hands full! :)


Not the best picture, but you take what you can get





Manhattan's zoo has a lot of pretty, scenic spots.

3 comments:

Seeing Through New Eyes said...

What a wonderfulicious day it was! Thanks for letting me be a part of the fun!

LivG said...

Very nice! I want to go back there too!

TAB said...

Good, special times!