Saturday, July 31, 2010

Night weaning

Raegan is slooooooowly getting better at making it through the night without waking up. Everything I've read says that there is physical reason for her to need to eat several times a night, and the speed at which she would fall back asleep while nursing made me think that she just liked the habit of nursing to sleep. She was getting back to the point of waking up 2 or 3 times a night, which at 11 months old is just not neccessary, so I decided it was time to start weaning out the night nursings. Luke's been going to bed kind of late lately, so he rocks her back to sleep the first time she wakes up (10:30 or 11:00). When I wouldn't feed her and would only rock her the first few nights I got up with her, she FLIPPED out. Over the last week or so it's been getting better. I've found that giving Raegan a couple drinks from her water cup helps a lot. As long as it's at least 5:00, I'll go ahead and nurse her, and after doing so at 6:30 this morning she went right back to sleep. I got to see a very pretty sunrise this morning though, so that was kind of nice.

Now we just have to work on her not throwing a fit before she takes a nap. :S

1 comment:

LivG said...

It's so hard to make all these transitions, but hang in there and you will be glad you did!