Thursday, August 12, 2010

First week back to work

No pictures with this post. My camera has been doing that weird thing where the lighting in my pictures is all off, so I have no pictures this week. I think when we have some extra money I'm just going to get a new camera. ;) I did get a picture of Raegan on her first day of child care with Zane's camera, but I haven't bothered to download it yet. Today I worked from 7:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. so I've been just a tad bit busy.

It seems that Ms. Raegan is adjusting well to child care. She went Monday morning so that I could go to a meeting from 8:00-10:00. She didn't fuss at all when I handed her off, and when I went to pick her up there were in the backyard and she was watching the bigger kids play with hoola hoops. She had her head cocked off to the side and this confused look like, "What are you guys doing?" Tuesday was Raegan's first full day, and she cried a little when I dropped her off, but Angela said she stopped as soon as she got distracted by the other kids. Yesterday and today she cried again, but I could tell today that it was that fake, "I want you Mama" cry, so I feel like she's starting to get over it. She made a motion like she was going to go to Angela on her own (but rethought it) and I thought that was encouraging. Raegan really likes all the kids at child care, and she's always liked big kids, so I think that's helping the transition.

Apparently she is falling asleep for nap on her own. Little turd. Angela said she will only cry for a couple minutes and then fall asleep. So tonight I tried nursing her then laying her in her crib, and she cried for maybe two minutes then fell asleep. Awesome! Hopefully it's a new trend.

Zane doesn't start school until Monday, so he's been haging out at the house by himself this week. He says he doesn't like to be alone, which is funny because he will spend hours at a time playing and reading in the basement. I've been going home to check on him on my lunch, and he's been doing a good job of getting himself dressed and teeth brushed and fed. With a reminder note of when to shut the tv off. I think if I didn't leave that note I would come home late afternoon to find him still in his pajamas. I'm not kidding either. Boys. :)

So all is well in Jones Land. I will be glad for the end of next week so that I will be done with home visits and can get into a routine of leaving at 3:30 every day. Tomorrow I have a training that lasts until 4:00. Raegan will be spending the day with her Daddy and big brother, so everyone will be relaxing but me. Boo!


Olivia Arlene said...

So glad to hear that all transitions are going well. That has to be a huge relief!

Just Passing Through said...

Okay, so Granny is willing to admit that she really likes Raegan's day care lady. Angela was who/what I had prayed diligently for for many months and I find myself praising God often after meeting her yesterday. Thanks for letting me pick Raegan up and spend some time with her. I've really been missing my little Miss Muffin. I miss you too! We'll have to get our 3-generation MFG (Mexican Food Gang) together again when you have a day off. LOL

Shannon said...

I'm glad that you were able to pick her up and spend some time with her and Zane yesterday. I know that Raegan is always glad to see her Granny!