Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Birthday Letter

Dear Raegan,

You turn one today! I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone by. More and more of the pictures I take of you these days make you look more like a little girl and less like a baby. While I'm excited for all of the milestones and fun of being one, I'm sad that you're not as much my little baby as you were even a month ago. Last night you laid your head against my chest while we read a book before bed, and I remembered when you were just new born and you that's how you laid against me all the time. You are so very busy these days that sometimes that snuggle with a book before bed is all the cuddling I get. I'm surprised that I'm not as eager to give up nursing as I thought I would be, because it's our time together. I remember when you were only a week old and your acid reflux was causing you to spit up on me so much that I didn't know how we could possibly make it nursing for a year. But here we are!

You are so bright and funny and full of life. I remember when you were just four weeks old and you were looking up at the toys at the top of your swing, and I thought how advanced you were. You have continued to amaze me with the things that you do so early. Except for all of the physical milestones. I suspect that you are going to be like me in that department - just a tad bit uncoordinated.

Your Uncle Devin told your dad and I last weekend that we are so blessed to have such a happy baby. I love your smile, and the way you clap when we're on our way home from child care each day, like you're so happy that your family is back together. I love that sometimes when you laugh it sounds like a wheeze, and the way you sing in the car in the mornings before I drop you off. I love how happy you are to see your brother, and how special the bond between the two of you is. You couldn't ask for a better big brother than the one you have, and I am so fortunate to have you both.

You are so much more than I ever could have hoped for or prayed for or imagined. I'm excited for this next year and everything it will bring. I love you so much little Mamo. Happy birthday Raegan Marie.

Love, Mommy



Just a minute old.

One day old.


3 weeks old.


Four weeks old.



2 months


4 months


4 months


6 months


9 months


One year old!


Raegan and Mommy

2 comments:

Seeing Through New Eyes said...

I've gotta quit reading your blog in the morning, although I guess if I'm going to cry, happy tears are the best kind.

LivG said...

Not fair to make a pregnant woman emotional! Seriously though, very sweet letter! Happy Birthday to your sweet baby girl! She will always be your baby!