Friday, August 13, 2010

Barbeque Meatballs

Here's the recipe for barbeque meatballs that I make that Zane and I both love. :) The homemade barbeque sauce is what really makes it, I think. Since Luke doesn't eat them, I usually halve the recipe and then Zane and I have leftovers.

Barbeque Meatballs

2 1/2 - 3 lbs. hamburger
2 c. quick oatmeal
chopped onion
2 eggs
12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 T. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. salt (optional)
1/2 tsp. pepper

Mix the above ingredients and shape into meatballs. Place in large (at least 9x13) baking dish. Pour sauce over meatballs and bake.

Sauce:
2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. brown sugar
chopped onion
1 1/2 T. liquid smoke
1 tsp. garlic salt

Mix all ingredients and pour over meatballs. Bake uncovered at 350 F for 1 hour.

2 comments:

Seeing Through New Eyes said...

I can't wait to try your bbq sauce recipe - it sounds wonderful!!!! When fall hits I'll feel more like using my oven so bring on the meatballs.

TAB said...

Yummo!