Friday, June 11, 2010

Change of Plans

Well, our vacation plans for this weekend have been dashed by suspicious weather. We were going to go to Omaha today and tomorrow, but today's 50% chance of rain and tomorrow's 60% chance stopped us. If you look at the hourly forecast tomorrow was mostly a 40% chance, but the highest chance of rain was in the morning, right as we would be going to the zoo. Luke and I also realized that the next weekend he has Zane is right before his two week shut down at Great Plains. So even if we can't go over the weekend, we can go during the week, when it will probably be less busy anyways. And if we find extra things to do, and Raegan is handling the vacation well, then we could always stay longer if we wanted.

So since we aren't leaving today, we decided to take a mini-trip today. Luke has been talking for months about wanting to go to the Eisenhower Museum in Abilene, and I can't remember if I've ever been to the Seelye Mansion or Lebold Mansion, so we're going to head that direction as soon as Raegan gets done with her morning nap. I like that Luke only works a four hour shift on Fridays if he even works at all right now.

I finally got the video loader to work, so here's Raegan playing with her Pop-Pop:

2 comments:

Olivia Arlene said...

Wow she really likes that thing lol!

Well I hope you all enjoy your vacation time even if it does rain :-)

Abilene is always a nice mini vacation.

Just Passing Through said...

Thanks for the video!! Raegan and I worked and worked on that the last week I was there but she just wasn't strong enough to push it all the way down. It was so fun to finally be able to see her do it on her own. Today is one of those days when I miss seeing her constantly, so much so that I am tearing up. I think I need a Raegan fix this week.