Monday, February 4, 2013

Day One

Today was a super weird day. Raegan was running a fever last night, so she stayed home from preschool and child care today (my MIL stayed with her this morning, and Luke and I split up the afternoon). I also had to work today, but didn't have any children due to plumbing problems at my school. So it just didn't really feel like a Monday at all. Plus, I oveslept this morning. Like, my alarm didn't go off at all and I woke up at 7:00. We leave the house at 7:20. Yeah..... It was kind of a blessing from God that I didn't have kids today, because it really wasn't a big deal that I was late. Whew.

Raegan in all of her sickness is just the sweetest little thing right now. Last night she woke up 3 or 4 times during the night, and once when I went in, I said a little prayer for her. Every night before bed we pray for my friend's mom who has cancer, and when I said the little prayer for Raegan in the middle of the night, she said (in her little raspy voice), "Say a prayer for Christina's mom." My heart. I told Luke and he said, "She's amazing. She's going to change the world someday." :)

So here's my Day One outfit. One thing that fashion blogs have taught me is that you can turn a skirt into a dress by tucking a shirt into it. Never, ever knew that before this fall. I've never tried it until today, but I think it turned out really well. Probably not something I would have tried without the 30 for 30 challenge, so I guess I'm learning things already. I got a lot of compliments on my "dress" today, at which point I oh so proudly told everyone that it was indeed a skirt turned into a dress. I'm a geek. I finally have some fashion sense, and I'm just a little too proud of it. :)

Shirt: Kohl's
Skirt: Loft
Jean Jacket: Maurices
Boot Socks: Target - from the little girl section. They were $3 on clearance. I'm short, so it works! :)
Boots: Maurices
Necklace: Vanity
Earrings (that you can't see because I felt weird about taking a picture with my face in it - they're silver swirls): Target


Today was the perfect day to wear this outfit. It's not really a "preschool teacher friendly" outfit. Too much white. I don't wear white. Ever. I teach 3-5 year olds with food and boogers and God knows what else on their hands. White just doesn't work. But for a bonus!day with no children, it's perfect. Plus, dressy enough for conferences. So far, this 30 for 30 thing is easy. :)

One more picture to share. I thought it was verrrrrrry interesting that this little jewel came in the mail today. On Day One of 30 for 30 which includes no shopping. Thanks Gap. You're awesome like that. It's doubly awful because Gap is overflowing with striped shirts that I waaaaaant. Seriously. I would not buy all of those at once. That would just be silly.....

1 comment:

kim! said...

love it!
this is a great outfit. and gap....COME ON! lame!