Saturday, February 2, 2013

A million years later

So my mom is going to be super excited and happy about the fact that I'm blogging again. And hopefully now I'll be getting back into more regularly. 2012 was a really hard year for me, and I was not at all sad to see it go on December 31st. I was very excited about 2013, and so far it's been a really good year. I decided that it was the year I turn 30, so dang it, it's going to be a good one. :)

I'll actually probably be posting a lot in February, because I've decided to do a 30 for 30 remix with my freshman roommate Kim. Basically, the long and short of it is that I pick 30 articles of clothing (including shoes, but not accessories) and mix and match them to create 30 outfits with no repeats. I think I have a pretty remixable wardrobe, so I'm pretty excited about it. The crazy thing is going to be no shopping for 30 days. Unheard of in my universe. Although, I may give myself one pass on it, because my 30th BIRTHDAY falls over the 30 day period (February 4-March 5) and I think if anything garners breaking the rules, that is it. :) So, if fashion pics aren't your thing, just steer clear of here for the next month.

But in the meantime, here's what we've been up to lately:

*Right before New Years we got a pretty good amount of snow dumped on us. It was really nice that it happened over the school break so that we could have some time to enjoy it. Raegan really got into playing in the snow this year. She really didn't even mind getting wet and cold, which was a big change from when she was 2 and Zane really had to coax her into playing outside.

She loved throwing snowballs at us!



Cheesy girls enjoying winter

View of our house in the snow

Happy!

We definitely put her to work helping out with the driveway :)



*We ended up with a pretty mild January. So mild that I was able to take these pictures last week:




We went to the park twice in one week, once in Salina and once when we took an impromptu trip to Manhattan. Then, two days after our last trip to the park, it snowed here. Ah, Kansas. Never changes.

*Raegan's learning is taking off in leaps and bounds. If you have a young child and you live in a town that has a Montessori preschool, ENROLL YOUR CHILD. Seriously. She was already pretty smart, but now she's just scary smart. :) She can name every letter and tell you every letter sound. She is trying to read, but she can't blend the sounds into a word yet. Like, she can look at "cat" and go "/c/ - /a/ - /t/" but she can't put it together to say the word "cat" yet. She counts to 29 and recognizes numbers 1-10. She can identify rhyming words and tell you what sound a word starts with if I just say the word. It's amazing. Every day I am just more and more amazed by her.

*In my own personal life, things have been going well. Like I said, I am determined that 2013 will be great (or at least not 2012!) and so far so good. Work is moderately less stressful, or if nothing else I have a really good friend there that makes it all more tolerable. (As does our wine nights!) I've been eating a lot better and lost enough weight that I'm now at my "honeymoon weight" from 5 years ago. Obviously, having a baby shifts everything around so it doesn't look quite the same, but I'm pleased nonetheless. Also, my undergrad student loans will be paid off in less than two weeks, so that's pretty exciting. Now to roll all that money over to my grad school loans and get crackin' on those. My goal is to have those gone by the time Raegan starts kindergarten. Lofty goal, but we'll see.

I think that will do for now. Next up, fashion pictures. :)