Saturday, April 9, 2011

Running fever!

Oooh, I almost forgot to update about myself. Ha! Typical.

Last weekend I ran the Fool's Day 5K here in town. I ran it in 34:11, which beat my time on the last one (34:57). This one had several steep hills, so I was excited that I made a new PR, even if just by a little. There's a 5K just for women in Hesston later this month that I'm thinking about doing, and a 5K/10K in mid-May to benefit DVACK. I've been running in the evenings more, because I would really like to do that 10K. If not, my plan is to shave down my time on the 5K some more. I went out last night and did 2.9 miles, and I wasn't even sore this mornng. I did another 2 today (it was pretty humid today so I couldn't manage anymore) so hopefully I'm not sore tomorrow from running two days in a row.

Here's a couple pictures that I snagged off the photographer's Facebook. :) I'm runner 113 if you can't tell.

Just making it up the killer hill. I still managed to run the whole way!


Next time = shorts! =)


Crossing the finish line - woo hoo!

2 comments:

LivG said...

Yay! Way to go Shannon! Wow, what discipline!

I'm so not a runner lol!

Laurie said...

"The Finish Line!!" Yes!!!