Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Writer's Workshop - March 2

Sometime this week I plan on looking over my goals for February and letting you all know how I fared. I can tell you now that I didn't hit the 100% mark that I did with my goals for January, but oh well. Still better than breaking my New Years weight loss resolution by January 2nd. :) In the meantime, I'm finally getting back around to participating in the Writer's Workshop for this week. I've realy been neglecting my poor little blog lately.

4.) What inspired you this week?
Without a doubt, the 5K run/2 mile walk that was put on for Reed Krone last Saturday. I mentioned it in my last post, but I'm writing about it again because it was inspiring. And heartbreaking all at the same time.

Reed's family was told a couple weeks back that he couldn't go to St. Jude's because he is too weak. He's starting to have a harder time breathing because the tumor on his liver is expanding so much in his stomach. The tumor on his lungs in growing, and there is a new spot on his other lung as well. At this point, there is nothing left to be done but chemo at home in the hopes that it can shrink these tumors enough to open up other options. I shouldn't really say "nothing else to be done" because there is one other thing. Prayer. It was amazing to see all of the people who are praying unceasingly for Reed and his family. Reading all of the signs along the 5K route where people wrote out their prayers for Reed. It was so inspiring to know that God is finding a way to work in all of this. We may not see His hand in all of this right now, but I believe He always has a purpose.

Raegan and I still continue to pray for Reed every night when we say her prayers, but we've also added a prayer for Reed's parents too. I can't even fathom how they are feeling right now. Angie said that they have started sending Reed's 3 year old brother back to child care this week so that they can express their emotions and grieve and not scare Reese. My heart aches for them daily. Please include this family in your prayers in the days to come.

No comments: