Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saving money + a few pictures

I mentioned a while back that one of the ways we are saving money is by keeping our thermostat pretty low this winter. I've noticed that we've had a little more wiggle room in our budget in the last couple months, and I would guess that the money we're saving on heating is helping. To prove my point, I give you this picture:


That's our bill for the month of February. February was FULL of below freezing days, and there were several days that didn't even make it above 20 degrees. This is the lowest bill we've ever gotten in the winter, and seeing that has convinced me that we can all pull on a sweatshirt and grab a blanket if we get cold next winter also. :)

I've also discovered that couponing really does work. Our grocery/household supplies bill hasn't gone above $90 a week since I started, and last week I even made it under $75! I guess I should say that it's really been a combination of couponing and planning our menu around the sales for the week, but still.

Okay, enough blathering about saving money. I'll leave you with a few pictures from the last couple weeks.

Kitty love

Raegan loves brushing her teeth. She doesn't love waiting for us to brush her teeth first, however. :)


A rare moment of being still

1 comment:

LivG said...

Hooray for saving money!!!

My kids don't like to wait for me to brush their teeth first either :) Chloe says, "No, self do it!" lol!