Saturday, March 5, 2011

Zane's band concert

So, two weeks later, I am finally getting around to posting pictures and video from Zane's band concert. I blame it on the Kindle Luke got me for my birthday. I am so in love with that thing. Books that are out of copyright are free, so I can read tons of old classics. I read Little Women earlier this week, and I have Pride and Prejudice already downloaded and waiting. I'm in the middle of a book called After the Leaves Fall, which is fairly decent. Some of the more current free books are decent, and some are definitely NOT, but there's something to be said about having it all at your fingertips and not having to drive across town to the library. Especially now that gas is up to $3.39!!!! I keep hearing that it's going to get around $4 before the end of the year, but I really hope that's not true. I guess we'll be putting the money we save on groceries and heating towards gas. Yuck.

Anyways, Zane's band concert was February 21. It's amazing what a difference a year makes, because his concert sounded so GOOD this year. Not that it didn't sound good last year, but they are all a lot smoother and are playing much more complicated songs. I really do hope that this is something Zane sticks with, because he has a talent for it and if he continues to play well he could snag some good scholarships for college (and get to go to a bunch of football games for free!)

Tough guy :)

It seems like these days Zane cannot take a picture without making some kind of face. Even when he's trying to take a good picture. Ha. He still looks pretty handsome though.

 
Actually got a picture of him during the concert!

 

1 comment:

LivG said...

Nice! I always enjoyed our little homeschool band ;)