Thursday, October 7, 2010

This week in Raeganland

No pictures this post. Just updating some of the things that Raegan is up to these days.

Speech:
-Raegan says "uh oh" now, but only copying when someone else says it. She's not connecting it to something that has happened on her own yet, but it sure is darn cute to hear her say "uh oh" over and over after you say it. :)

-One of her favorite things to do when Daddy and Zane are downstairs is to crawl over to the baby gate at the top of the stairs and yell "Hey!" downstairs.

Walking:
-Raegan is starting to walk a LOT more. She's also doing a great job of standing independently and staying steady while standing for a good 5 or 6 seconds now. She's most motivated to walk when she can walk to someone, but sometimes we'll see her do it when she's walking circles around the coffee table. She still giggles when she walks more than 4 steps, like it's just so awesome that she can do this now.

Personality:
-Raegan loves going outside, to the point where it's almost over the top. Most evenings when we let Daisy out Raegan is right at the door hollering at us if we don't let her out on the deck also. I *did* say I wanted a child that liked being outside....

-Raegan is curious about everything right now. She wants to know how everything works and she is getting into everything! I can only imagine when she's walking even better.

-She is bound and determined that we will nurse forever, I think. I have a three day weekend coming up in a couple weeks, and that's when we're going to start getting rid of the morning nursing. My goal was to have her weaned by Thanksgiving, so I guess I better get on that pretty soon. :)

1 comment:

LivG said...

I am impressed that you are still nursing! I think if I hadn't gotten pregnant when Chloe turned a year old she would still be nursing lol!