Friday, December 31, 2010

It's baaaaaack!

So my baking obsession is back! I've been eyeballing a LOT of recipes on a few of my favorite websites, and my plan is to do some baking either tomorrow or Sunday. I figured I would wait until the end of the vacation so that I could take leftovers to work with me, seeing as most of what I want to make will not be appetizing to the boys.

I started off simple yesterday, with Pita Bread that I knew at least Raegan and I would eat. Mine did not turn out nearly as pretty as the ones from Annie Eats, so I'll just link you to the recipe and mouth watering picture here. Raegan and I both plowed through several pitas last night, and I think I'm going to take the leftovers tomorrow and make little individual pizzas for the two of us for lunch tomorrow.

I think my plan for tomorrow/Sunday is going to be potato soup. I can't decide if I want to use this recipethis one or this one from the Neelys. The last one sounds the most interesting to me, but it would take the most shopping, what with the celery and beer. At this moment I'm leaning towards the Slow-Cooker recipe, so that I can use the fabulous crockpot that my parents got us for Christmas again this week.

Hope you all have a safe and fun New Years Eve! Our plans tonight include leaving Raegan with my mother-in-law for a couple hours (Zane is with his mom this weekend) so that Luke and I can go out to dinner. No big partying for us, but that's just the way I like it. See you all next year!

No comments: