Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our week

Picture-less update on the kids:

Zane:
Zane is doing really well in middle school so far. We were kind of worried because of his huge lack of organizational skills, but he seems to be doing well so far. He's only had one late assignment in the last three weeks, which is excellent for him. I took a peek at his grades online and as of yesterday he has all A's! He's never had a problem with understanding the material, it's just remembering to get everything done and turned in.

Soccer practices started this evening. We're doing something new this season since Zane is too old for YMCA sports. He's going to play on a middle school (6th, 7th and 8th combined) team through Parks and Rec. Luke said there's only a couple other 6th graders on the team, but I figure that will be good for Zane. Apparently there was a kid at the skills assessment last week who was over 6 foot tall. How do kids get to be that tall when they're in middle school? Jeez.

Zane has finally decided he wants a haircut. All I can say is thank the good Lord Almighty. He needed one about 2 months ago. :)

Raegan:
Raegan has slept through the night for almost two weeks now. She usually wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30 every morning. If it's closer to 5:30 I put her back down after she nurses and get her up around 7:00 to get dressed and walk out the door. I don't know if she was just really tired from her birthday party this weekend or if she's really playing hard at child care, but she's been in bed before 8:00 every night this week.

I'm slowly starting the weaning process. I've taken out the nursing in the late afternoon after we get home by giving her another snack as soon as we walk in the door. Today she ate a 4 ounce container of strawberry yogurt in one setting. And still ate a good supper. Next week I'm going to have Angela stop one of her bottles during the day. Slow and steady....

Raegan is a climbing machine! Today she climbed up on top of her Little Mermaid push toy and proceeded to climb up onto the couch. It seems to me like she can probably take off walking any time she chooses to. I think she's still just a little nervous about letting go. :)

We've been enjoying the much nicer weather. Last night we put the water table out on the deck and played in it for awhile. Tonight we went on a long walk. I hope that fall is here to stay! I can't wait to take the kids to the pumpkin patch next month! Fall is seriously my favorite season.

Well, that's about all in our neck of the woods for now.

1 comment:

LivG said...

Fall is my favorite season too!!! I'm glad all is well with you :-)