Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Milestones

Ava has discovered her hands during this past week. She's been sucking on them since day one, but this last week she's figured out how to reach out for other things. She will stare really intently at her toys for a while, then swat in their direction. Sometimes she makes contact and even grabs on. She loves the toys I've attached to her car seat and spends a lot of her time in the car staring intently at them and trying to get them.

Finally, she's starting to get into somewhat of a napping schedule. If I swaddle her before I feed her, she'll usually take a long morning nap. With picking up the kids in the afternoon, the swaddling doesn't always happen, so she'll usually take a few short afternoon cat naps and one early in the evening. For the last two nights Ava has slept through the night (until 5:00 or 6:00 a.m.) which just amazes me! I hope that this will keep up once I go back to work to make that transition a little easier. :)

Here's a few pictures of my gorgeous blue eyed girl....

 

 

 
 

No comments: