Friday, May 16, 2014

Happy Baby

Ava has been changing and growing so much this month. She's such a happy baby - always giving us smiles. Sometimes she'll be starting to fuss about something (usually because she's getting hungry) and if she makes eye contact with one of us she'll stop fussing, give us a smile, then start fussing again. It's really cute.

Her eyes are definitely blue, and I think she's going to be a little blondie. Sometimes in certain lighting her hair has a tint of red to it, so maybe she'll be a strawberry blonde. She already has more hair than Raegan did at this age - it's coming in so fast now.

Ava is an amazing sleeper. She usually goes to sleep around 8:30, and I wake her up around 9:30 or 10:00 to eat. Then she'll sleep until 2:00 or 3:00, then go back to sleep until around 6:00. And on Mother's Day, she slept from 10:30-6:45! It was amazing - best Mother's Day present EVER!

Cloth diapers are still going great. No problems with washing, and Ava hasn't had a single diaper rash yet. I'm trying out some cloth wipes now (my husband officially thinks I'm insane) and I really like the solution I found at the cloth diaper store in Wichita. That place is amazing - so many choices for accessories. I am starting to understand why people end up with so many cloth diapers. I'm eyeballing some bamboo velour fitteds right now because I'm curious to try something new.

Selfie of me and my girlies from Mother's Day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blogs. Mom