Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Savings!

One of the things I've been doing to help with saving money is using my Old Navy rewards Visa. I posted about it last fall, and have continued to use it since then. Old Navy frequently offers promotions where you get 4 or 5 times the points for using your card in particular places (right now it's 3 times the points when you buy groceries and 5 times the points when you buy gasoline). Every 500 points is equal to a $5 gift certificate good at Old Navy, Gap or Banana Republic. I've only been using the credit card on things that we would normally be buying anyways (namely gas and groceries), and then I pull the money for those purchases directly out of our checking account. Every month I pay the balance off in full, so we don't ever pay interest on any of our purchases. It hasn't cost a penny to do this, and according to my account online, we've gotten $125 in gift certificates since the beginning of this year!

Here's some of my recent purchases:

A dress and a tank top for Raegan and a striped shirt for me. I got all of this at Gap for $2.54, after sales, a discount for using my Old Navy card on a Tuesday (10%) and a gift certificate!

A simple summer dress for me from the Gap Outlet in KC: $10.94 after sale and gift certificate.


I don't have a picture of this purchase, but my other big purchase recently was at Old Navy: two pairs of shorts for Zane (men's size - he's SO tall!), a pair of denim capris and sandals for Raegan (actual sandals, not flip flops). All of that was only $9.14!

No comments: