Sunday, December 18, 2011

Potty training and other achievements

The biggest news in our neck of the woods right now is that Raegan is well on her way towards being potty trained. YAY! Best Christmas present I could ever get, let me tell you. She started two weekends ago, when she just happened to go potty when she was sitting on the little toilet before her bath. (That's been something that's been part of the bath routine for months now.) Luke and I made a huge to-do about it and gave her some candy for it. The next day she told me after we got home from work/Angie's that she wanted to "go potty, get candy." I said sure, and lo and behold, she went potty again. Now we are to the point where candy is an occasional thing (basically between the hours of "after lunch and before supper") and she's staying dry for longer periods of time. Today she stayed dry from when I changed her after nap (2:30) until right before supper (6:00), with two trips to the potty in there. And one of them was in a public bathroom. Hollah for getting over that hump! :) My hope is to pick up some underwear after Christmas and give them a try since I'm not work from December 23rd until January 3rd. Raegan's not having quite as much luck with going potty at daycare, but so be it. She'll at least be weekend potty trained before too much longer. :S

Raegan's really starting to get into pretend play. She makes her little squirt toys talk to each other in the bathtub, and I've even caught her having her little pieces of candy walk around on the placemat, talking to each other. It's pretty cute. She also likes to do things and say, "Look at me, guys!" which I'm guessing she hears at daycare a lot. Now at night when we say prayers before bed, I'll tell her it's time to say prayers and she'll clasp her hands together and say, "God is great, God is good, now we thank Him for our food. Amen." Then she'll list the people she's thankful for and say, "Please help Raegan sleep well, Aaaaa-Men!" Her favorite songs to sing are "Where is Thumbkin?" and "I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee." Well, those and "Pumped Up Kicks". Luke must have sang it to her with his own lyrics in it before (he does that with a lot of songs) because one day she just started singing, "Kids with the pumped up kicks, run run faster, boo boo brush your teeth." lol She still loves all things Elmo and Sesame Street, but she really wants me to let her watch Barney when she sees it on Netflix. (Mean Mommy - I don't like Barney, so we're not watching it.) Raegan just learned how to gallop this last week, and she is so darn proud of herself for being able to master it. Those are all the things I can think of at the moment, so I'll leave you with a picture:

Raegan loves listening to Zane's MP3 player. He'll let her stick the earbuds in her ears for a minute, and she just loves it.

No comments: