Friday, June 24, 2011

Writer's Workshop - 6/24/11




A day late, but I still remembered! The prompt for this week that I chose is:
4.) A country you would like to visit.

This is a tough one. I had to really think about it, because there are so many places that I would like to go. Honestly, there are so many places just IN the United States that I would like to visit. I really want to go to Washington DC and see all of the historical monuments - the Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian (I think Zane would get a big kick out of that), etc etc. I want to go to California and see the ocean on the west coast. I want to go to New York City, and see just how big it is.

As for a country that I would like to visit some day, I'm going to have to go with Italy. I would love to go to all of the art museums and see some of the famous paintings up close and personal. I would love to see the Sistine Chapel and even the Vatican. I've read a couple different mystery books that are set in Italy, and every time I've read one I think how badly I would like to go someday. Add it to my bucket list, huh? And start saving my pennies!

2 comments:

Sam said...

I hope you get to go! Its a beautiful place!

Dave said...

Hey!

Just Stopping by from Mama Kat's Writing Workshop! I'm following now!
I would love to see Italy, too! The fine dining alone would be worth it, not to mention the art!

Dave
www.countryrushdaddy.com