Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day, Part...um.....five?

My diapers came this afternoon. I think I would be a little more excited about this if the freakin' UPS delivery guy hadn't rang the doorbell when he put the package on the porch. It didn't need a signature, so I'm not really sure why he did that. Naptime, interrupted. Thanks. I need to put a "DO NOT RING THE DOORBELL EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, EVER!" sign up by our doorbell. Grrrr.

Our school district called off school again for today. Honestly, I wasn't very excited about this at all. I mean, yeah, sure, I enjoy being paid to spend a day at home with the kids. But I had parent teacher conferences to do this evening, and it's just that time of year when I have a lot to get done at work. We've had five days off since January 10th, which means that we'll have to make some of them up at the end of the year now. No thanks. At least this time it was a really good snow - good for snowballs and really deep. According to the news, Salina finished out at 11 inches. Yowza! The orignial forcast was for 3-5, which usually means next to nothing, so this was a big surprise! And it wasn't as brutally cold this time, so the kids and I went outside for awhile this afternoon.



















1 comment:

LivG said...

That was a crazy lot of snow!

Sorry about the missed work though :(

How ANNOYING about the UPS guy ringing the door bell. I totally know how that is. UGH!