Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Stuck at home, but still having fun!

Looks like tomorrow is going to be Day Three of no school. I'm surprised to tell you the truth - Salina often has school when the surrounding area schools and even non-country schools in nearby counties close. I think that it's a good call though, because it's bitterly cold and the wind is causing snow to drift all over the roads and making it hard to drive. I have never been more thankful for my all wheel drive V8 SUV than I was today. My mother-in-law came over for a little while to watch the kids so that I could run over to my school to feed my classroom rabbit. I will say that it was nice to get out of the house and be by myself for a couple minutes.... ;)

Zane actually said this afternoon that he would be okay with going back to school tomorrow, since we really can't do much of anything anyways. There isn't any good snow to play in, and even if there was, the wind chill is in the negatives so going outside is pretty much out. Raegan and Zane have managed to keep their spirits up for the most part. Although this Mommy's spirits weren't exactly up when a certain little girl got up for the day at 6:30 this morning. Little stinker!

My original plan for this post was to post pictures of how the kids have been entertaining themselves over the last two days, but as usual Blogger is taking forever to upload photos, so instead you get a couple videos.



I was trying to get a video of Zane playing a song on his trumpet, to show you all how good he's getting. Didn't quite work out with Raegan there. She often sings along to Zane's playing, and it's pretty funny!




Zane's cousin Keenan came over later in the afternoon. Raegan seems to really wish that she was old enough to just join in with them. She starts making noises when she hears them making noises in this video. Originally she was trying to put her jacket on (which means she drapes it over her head or around her shoulders.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is totally playing my school's fight song. now it's stuck in my head. :)

LivG said...

Cute! Funny girl :)